We all like nuts and each one of us has the favorite nut. But, are they good to consume if we suffer from gout? The answer is yes. Nuts and gout can be mentioned in the same story and it is important to know that nuts are more beneficial than most people believe. They can provide you with plenty of calories and they are rich in vitamins. As a matter of fact, nuts are frequently recommended in many diets.
Nuts are low in purines
As a gout sufferer, you know that all the foods rich in purines must be avoided. Well, all nuts are low in purines, therefore they don’t have to be eliminated from your diet. As a matter of fact, they should be a great addition to your diet simply because they are rich in fats which are healthy.
Each nut has a different amount of purines. For example, almonds have 10 mg per 100 grams, while peanut has 79 mg. In general, all of them are harmless to consume daily and they won’t cause you a gout attack, simply because they won’t raise uric acid levels nor they will cause any other issue. I personally prefer almonds and they are the lowest when it comes to purines, so I would recommend them to most of you.
However, nuts can help you gain weight, so consume them in moderation. I must add that between 10 and 15 nuts per a day is the sweet spot. Anything more than that and you will risk a weight gain, which isn’t something you want to have if you already suffer from gout. On the other hand, if you need more weight, nuts are the best way to get it. They are also available in so many different forms, tastes, and addition to food.
Suggested article: Weight Loss And Gout (How And Why Weight Affects Gout?)
When it comes to the nuts in a meal, they are still great to consume. They are delicious, as we all know it and they will still provide you with the numerous benefits per a day. I also like adding dried cherries to the equation. The mixture is more than just delicious and it even smells great. Of course, moderation is the key here and don’t try to consume more than you can eat. We all know that they are extremely beneficial.
Suggested article: Cherries And Gout Explained (How Can Cherries Help Us?)
Even if nuts make 20% of your daily need for calories you won’t be at a risk of getting a gout attack. This actually was confirmed by a study, so you will be free to consume in higher amounts. On the other hand, we must know that 80% of nuts are healthy fats which also decrease the inflammatory, so they are even more beneficial for gout sufferers. The bottom line here is to remember that nuts should be added to your diet in moderation. Consuming them too much won’t be beneficial as you may believe.
Suggested article: Fat And Gout (All You Must Know Regarding Fat And Gout)
Additional facts you should know regarding nuts and gout
There are a few more things you should know regarding nuts and how they affect the human body. You must know that all of us, gout sufferers are at a higher risk of a heart disease, but nuts decrease it. They will lower down the bad cholesterol and literally protect our heart from numerous issues and complications. That’s why I must add that nuts are an essential addition to a normal diet.
Suggested article: Gout And Cholesterol – Are These Two Connected?
Nuts are beneficial for two more reasons. The first one, they are rich in omega 3 fatty acid, the same acid which is found in fish and we know that eating fish is highly recommended. The second addition is fiber which is present in nuts. It will keep you full for a longer period of time and therefore make you eat less. When you eat less, chances of gaining weight are lower, so it is beneficial for gout sufferers. All of this can be included in your life if you consume up to 15 nuts per a day. More than that will only help you gain weight and nothing more.
Raw and salt-free nuts are the best option. They are the healthiest of them all and they literally have no side effects, which isn’t something I can say for salty and chopped nuts. Also, roasted nuts are not highly desirable. Raw or better fresh nuts are the best choice here.
Nuts and gout are not linked meaning that you are free to eat them every single day and there won’t be any complications with your gout. Furthermore, they are an important addition to your diet and they will provide you with countless healthy improvements. At the end, all I can say is to repeat that you should consume 15 nuts, raw and without salt or oil per a day and you will benefit from them.
– Peanuts And Gout – Are Peanuts High In Purines?
– Cashews And Gout – Beast Nuts Of Them All
– Pistachios And Gout – Are Pistachios Bad For Gout?
– Almonds And Gout – Are Almonds High In Uric Acid?
– Gout And Peanut Butter – Is It Good For Gout-Based Diet?
– Almond Milk And Gout – Is Almond Milk Bad For Gout?